Sunday, March 4, 2012

Playing with Prints

Honestly, prints terrify me.  The biggest print I'll usually wear is stripes, and thats usually navy and white stripes only.  But I decided since prints are going to be big for the spring and summer it's time I step out of my comfort zone.  Below are three outfits I created that would be perfect for going to class, running errands, shopping and so on.  After creating these outfits, I'm really starting to like prints and am dying to try out some bigger bolder patterns.

(Blouse-Collective Concepts via Hot Mama, Jacket-Laura Ashley via Boston Store, Jeans-Banana Republic Outlet, Boots-Cole Haan via Nordstrom)


I played it pretty safe with this outfit, the print in the blouse is pretty sublet but I decided to make things a little more exciting by playing with color and adding a bright pink jacket. Also, since the top is so loose and flowy, the jacket helps bring it in and make it not look like I'm wearing a top that is three sizes too big. 

(Blouse-Charter Club via Macy's, Jacket-Calvin Klein via Macy's, Jeans-Banana Republic, Boots-Frye)


Leopard is one of my other favorite prints, I usually reserve it for shoes and handbags, but when I spotted this shirt for $12 I just couldn't say no.  You have to be careful with leopard, it can start looking tacky really quick.  I decided to add an army green jacket and boots to toughen the look up and keep the leopard looking chic. 

(Blouse-h.i.p. via Nordstrom, Jacket-Anthropology, Jeans-Banana Republic, flats-Tory Burch via Nordstrom)


For this final look I decided to mix prints. To make sure they would work together I kept the colors similar. I love this look and think it would be perfect for a yacht ride, not that I go on those...ever, but if I were, this is what I would wear.  I decided to keep it simple on the bottom with nude flats and jeans.   


No comments:

Post a Comment